Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Manager, Community Support Service
||Reporting to the District Executive Director, the Manager, Community Support Services (CSS) develops and maintains community partnerships and funder relationships at the site level. The Manager, CSS is responsible for managing the development and implementation of community support programs by liaising with community partners, the LHIN and representatives of the MoHLTC.
The successful candidate will be located in Sudbury and provide management of CSS programs (ie, Assisted Living, Adult Day, Volunteer Transportation, Meals on Wheels) in Sudbury, Espanola and Manitoulin Island.
- Ensure the community support programs meet the needs of clients and families while achieving cost effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for new and expanded programs including proposal development and submission.
- Provide leadership support to the Executive Director in areas of staff and volunteer management, performance assessment and ensures VON requirements for quality and financial management directives are followed.
- Collaborate cross functionally in site relationships with other managers, information technology, finance, occupational health and safety and human resources to maximize front line performance and community delivery.
- Manage programs, following the VON competency model, using best practices, developing relationships and alliances within the local and national organization and with the community.
- Regulated health care professional with 3-5 years experience supporting the coordination and management of community-based services. Community sector experience may substitute for education as a regulated health care professional.
- Competence with information and communication technology, practice leadership, budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program management.
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and working with staff/volunteers.
- Familiarity and experience performing within Service Accountability Agreements with the LHIN.
- Demonstrated quality management approach, and committed to customer service.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building, communication and education.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
||Greater Sudbury Location
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs