Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
|Program or Dept.
||Adult Day Program
||The Activationist is responsible for collaborating and working in conjunction with other Adult Day Program team members in planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic recreational programs provided to clients. This is an overnight position, providing support from 9pm to 9am Friday and Saturday, every second weekend.
||Planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic recreational programs provided to clients.
- Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation
- Activation Techniques in Gerontology, or another related field
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with frail and/or cognitively impaired clients and their caregivers
- Working knowledge of PIECES and Montessori based programs
- Experience with documentation practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work as a team member
- Computer literacy an asset
|Other Relevant Information
One position for overnight shifts from 9pm to 9am, every second weekend.
One position for casual, primarily weekends.
||Peterborough Victoria Haliburton Location