Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Site Manager - RN
||Reporting to the District Executive Director, the Site Manager develops and maintains Community Support Services, community partnerships as well as Government and funder relationships at the site level. The Site Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of site programs, services and quality initiatives by liaising with boards, community partners and developing proposals to advance the presence of VON in the local community.
||• The Site Manager represents the DED and the site in the local community
• Participates in the development of the site budget by identifying CCS programs requirements and monitoring achievement of budget. Participates in the development and deployment of action plans
• Plans, organizes, monitors and evaluates the overall operation of the site, initiating corrective action as is required to achieve site and board objectives
• Supports the business goals of the site by ensuring the programs are cost effective and meet the needs of clients, the families and individuals, as need arises identifies opportunities for new programs
• Within the VON site management structure, provides leadership support to the Director in areas of staff and volunteer management, performance assessment and ensures VON requirements for quality and financial management directives are followed
• Manages CCS programs, following the VON competency model, using best practices, developing relationships and alliances within the local and national organization and with the community
||• Registration with ARNNL and graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Experience supervising in a unionized environment
• Travel required. Must have reliable vehicle
• Experience working in the community sector
• Experience working in program development
• Experience with travel immunization would be considered an asset
• Competence with information and communication technology and practices, practice leadership, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program management
• Experience in budget development and financial management
• Experience in external relations, conflict management, and working with staff/volunteers
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with quality, safety & risk management, with a commitment to customer service
• Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building, communication and education
• Ability to accept and facilitate change
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
• Management experience required
||Newfoundland and Labrador [NL]