Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Health Care Aide
||VON Manitoba site currently has openings for casual Health Care Aides in the Winnipeg area. The Health Care Aid provides support to clients in their homes throughout the community.
||These positions will provide personal support an to individuals and families in the home within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards, quality and risk management. The Health Care Aide collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate;
- Health Care Aid Certification
- Current CPR Certificate;
- Valid driver's license, access to vehicle is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Assessment skills;
- Awareness of community resources;
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and independently;
- Able to adjust to working in different social and economic environments.