Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Licensed Practical Nurse-Casual
||Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Complete footcare, wellness and flu clinics
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
- Registration with CLPNNL and graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate from PN Course since January 2009
- Health Assessment and Medication Administration course completion required
- Some previous clinical experience, with knowledge of the community-nursing model of care
- Advanced foot care course would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A valid NL driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
||Newfoundland and Labrador [NL]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs