Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||District Executive Director
VON Canada, Central Region is currently looking to fill the position of District Executive Director for our Central Ontario District which includes Hamilton, Niagara and Brantfort sites. This position is based out of our Hamilton office and will require travel across the District.
Reporting to the Vice-President & Chief of Practice, Central Region, you will be part of a strong Regional team in a matrix organization. You will lead an empowered team of managers and staff, including Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Personal and Community Support staff, and volunteers in providing excellent health and community support services. You will support fund development at the sites; build strategic alliances and work closely with CCACs, LHINs and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term care. You will be expected to expand on current programs and develop new programs while participating on several local, regional, and national projects/ initiatives.
- Manage a revenue stream of over $18 million annually and a team at each local site to achieve results in client services, finance, business development, and program delivery.
- Develop and sustain positive internal and external relationships with departments and functions in VON, and with funders, clients, and community partners.
- Provide a framework to manage organizational culture, core competency management, leadership development, and drive organizational performance.
- Support the organization in achieving the strategic objectives by interpreting and influencing both the external and internal environments and by creating positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management.
- Masters degree with several years experience managing and leading people and programs in the health care sector.
- Visionary leadership capability for creating empowered teams of managers, staff and volunteers who are aligned with the organization goals.
- Solid relationship building skills to drive win-win in partnerships with clients funding sources and key government decision-makers.
- Strong knowledge of and experience within the community health system;
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to use evidence based and data driven decision making skills in matters relating to finance, operations, human resources, marketing, and business development.
- Demonstrated success in program development, fund development, and community relations.
- Understand and utilize quality management approaches, and are committed to customer service.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- Workperk Program