Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||4861 - ME - RFT
||Coordinator, Client Services (Wellness)
|Hours Per Week
||Community Support Services
||The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of volunteer services and programs in accordance with VON Standards.
||The Coordinator recruits, directs and motivates volunteers, assesses clients for service, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of volunteer programs.
- University Degree / College Diploma in a Health or Social Science discipline or the equivalent combination of qualifications and education plus experience in community work and volunteer administration
- Post secondary education in volunteer management or a minimum three years experience in volunteer leadership
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working in mental health field is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources
- Previous community experience is an asset
- Experience working with frail, elderly, cognitively impaired or special needs individuals is an asset
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite, as well as willing to learn new software programs
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs