Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||If you, or someone in your family, were recovering from an illness and needed home care, who would you trust? Most Canadians from coast to coast would say VON. The reason: at VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), we believe in treating the whole person, not just their ailment. VON offers more than 75 different home care, personal support, and community services to enhance each client’s quality of life by providing them with the personal assistance and support needed to make them comfortable in their own home. We’ve been doing so for more than 114 years.
||4170 - ME - CAS
||Footcare Nurse (RPN)
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||$19.47 - $21.95/hr
||As a Footcare Nurse (RPN), you will provide footcare service to clients. Services will take place in both clients' homes and community clinics.
- Provide excellent direct nursing care services to clients and families
- Maintain accurate client clinical records
- Communicate with Case Managers as appropriate
- Participate as full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Participate in CNO Reflective Practice
- Possess knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Provide clinical leadership within district
- Must be available to work flexible hours
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic & Advanced Foot Care Certification (Basic required, Advanced preferred)
- Current CPR certification will be requested
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing foot care services
- Recent experience working in community based health care system
- Experience in gerontology, palliative, pediatric care and or medical-surgical an asset
- Experience working with both the elderly and cognitively impaired individuals
- IV and nipper skills and experience essential
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of intra/inter agency teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to provide leadership within the organization
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to work independently
- Must have valid driver’s license and personal vehicle (with proof of vehicle insurance)
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; bend, grip, reach, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs