Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||4059 - PT
||Registered Practical Nurse - Evenings
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
The successful applicant is responsible for providing client-centred nursing care to individuals and families in their home and/or other settings by applying the nursing process within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures standards and those of the College of Nurses in Ontario. He/She collaborates with members of the health team in meeting the needs of individuals and families.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care;
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups.
- Current Certificate of Competence as with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid driver's licence/ proof of insurability or must ensure that he/she is able to attend patients/clients using his/her own means of transportation.
- Staff with extensive community nursing experience and good attendance record preferred
- Must be committed to working in and supporting a team.
RPN working within a full scope of practice including:
- Competence with PICC, Ports and IV infusion, initiation and maintenance. Clinical experience in complex wound care, wound care certification or L series wound care courses an asset
- Peritoneal dialysis skills an asset
|Other Relevant Information
Area covers Brant-Norfolk-Haldimand.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with ABERDEEN policy.