Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4205 - TFT
||Registered Practical Nurse - Visiting/Shift/Clinic
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Registered Practical Nurses are responsible for provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals in the community. You will also delegate tasks to different levels of healthcare workers, participating as a full member of the healthcare team.
||Provides client-centred nursing care to individuals and families in a clinic setting and/or other settings by applying the nursing process within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards. Collaborates with members of the clients health team in meeting the individual needs of clients.
- Current registration as an RPN in the province of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with patients
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Positions requiring expertise in specific fields of clinical practice (palliative, footcare, etc.) may require additional education, preparation and experience
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Current Criminal Background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
|Other Relevant Information
||Temporary Full-time position until Sept 8, 2013. The nurse may be required to flex the start time and length of tour to accommodate the needs of the caseload.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs