Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4640 - WE - CAS
||Registered Nurse - Prenatal
The Registered Nurse - Prenatal is responsible for the provision of prenatal instruction, consistent with the established program curriculum, to expectant parents utilizing adult health teaching and promotion strategies. Prenatal classes will be held in Windsor, Chatham and Sarnia as well as other possible locations in Essex County. The interested applicant will be assigned to instruct in any one of these locations as needed and/or provide OTN instruction to these sites form the Windsor location.
The succesful candidate will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Registered Nurse, BScN preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Obstetrical Nursing background required
- Previous prenatal teaching experience preferred
- Maternal Child Health nursing experience an asset
- Experience assisting mothers with breastfeeding an asset
- Demonstrates knowledge of early childhood development and parenting theory
- Demonstrates knowledge of community services available for children and families living in Windsor-Essex County
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs