||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||The Physiotherapist is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective assessment and treatment interventions care to individuals and/or families in the community.
Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the provincial regulatory body for the Physiotherapist.
- Conducting independent pain, falls risk, and other required assessments on clients
- Health teaching facilitation and development
- Problem solve and adapt to independent practice
- Work collaboratively as a member of a interdisciplinary team
- Work with a multi-professional team throughout the district of Erie St. Clair
- BA or Masters in Physiotherapy and current license to practice in Ontario
- Two years related clinical practice experience
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Experience in community health preferred
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills is required, including the use of laptops/computers, Microsoft Office, Internet, BlackBerry and more
- Experience using OTN (Ontario Telemedicine Network) equipment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Efficient in Interpersonal relationship building
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Willingness to travel throughout the counties of Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, and Windsor-Essex is required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs