Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||5229 - ME - CAS
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Community Supports Services
||The Home Helper provides homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. Collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
||Light housekeeping for seniors in their home including (but not limited to) dusting, cleaning kitchen/bathroom, vacuuming, mopping floors, laundry, and errand service.
- Experience working for a professional cleaning services organization is preferable
- Household management experience
- Must be comfortable with seniors and persons with disabilities
- Experience working with people from different social and economic environments
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction, as well as to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
||Strathroy & Middlesex-Elgin
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs