Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Adult Day Program
||Activation Programmer will be responsible planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic recreational programs provided to clients in conjunction with other Adult Day Program team members. The Adult Day Program is offered to seniors and disabled adults in the community who have difficulty with activities and daily living, but would benefit from interacting in a social, recreational and supportive atmosphere.
||Planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic recreational programs provided to clients.
- Degree/Diploma or Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation, Activation Techniques in Gerontology, or a related field
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with frail and/or cognitively impaired clients
- Experience with documentation practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work well in a team
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements