Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5088 - FT - GB
||Coordinator, SMART and Falls Prevention
|Hours Per Week
||Community Supports Services
||$24.25 - $24.98/hr
The Coordinator, SMART (Seniors Maintaining Active Roles Together)® and Falls Prevention is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SMART functional fitness and Falls Prevention program in accordance with VON Standards. The Coordinator, SMART and Falls Prevention assesses clients for service, monitors service delivery, coordinates SMART and Falls Prevention training as required, schedules and manages the Group Fitness Instructors, and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the program.
This position is a newly created role and, as such, is subject to task and role description changes during its anticipated evaluation stages.
- Responsible for the orientation, training, and supervision of Group Fitness Instructors
- Effectively deliver client services consistent with established standards
- Provide input into the development of the strategic and operational plan and budget for SMART and Falls Prevention program as appropriate
Plan for and develop new community support/volunteer services in collaboration with Manager, Care and Service
Function in accordance with the principles of client-focused service and continuous quality improvement and the standards of VON Canada
Promote Community Support/Volunteer Services to community agencies and the general public in order to increase awareness, and for the benefit of individual clients by representing VON in a professional and positive manner
Functions in accordance with the VON vision, mission, philosophy, values and VON Canada and site policies and procedures
- Regulated provider under the College of Kinesiology, College of Nurses, College of Physiotherapists, or College of Occupational Therapists is mandatory.
- Post-Secondary education in Health/Social Science discipline (or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education plus experience in community work and volunteer administration)
- SFIC / VON SMART certification (or a willingness to obtain within the first 4 months of employment)
- First Aid/CPR certification is required
- Post secondary education in Volunteer Management or a minimum two years experience in Volunteer Leadership is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience using and implementing falls prevention tools and education
- Experience or understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare environment
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources
- Knowledge and experience in Gerontology is an asset
- Experience providing exercise programming for seniors is an asset
- Community development, public speaking, fundraising and budgeting experience an asset
- Strong time management, follow-up and organizational skills
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs