Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||6169 - Till OX - RPT
||Adult Day Program
The VON Adult Day Program is for seniors and adults who are frail, cognitively impaired, isolated and/or physically challenged and will assist them to maintain an optimal level of independent functioning within the community.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a monthly holistic program plan, meeting the identified needs of each client
- Leads a monthly client council meeting enabling clients/caregivers to have input into planned activities
- Accountable for purchasing equipment and planning activities within the established budget
- Actively participates in all quality initiatives
- Works in collaboration with the site Adult Day Program Coordinator and Coordinator of Volunteers to ensure that volunteers are integral to program delivery
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation of each volunteer
- Ensures that all records are maintained as per VON protocol
- Degree/diploma or Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Recreation, or another related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with frail and/or cognitively impaired adults
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work as a team member and provide leadership
- Computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and internet is an asset
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs