Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5491 - CAS - EDM
||Health Care Aide
||The Health Care Aide is responsible for providing companionship, personal care and health maintenance services to individuals and families in the home setting, within the framework of VON’s philosophy, policies, standards and legislation. You will work with members of the Health Care and Support Teams to meet the needs of clients in obtaining an optimal level of independence and well-being.
||As a Home Support Worker/Health Care Aide you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes.
- Health Care Aide/Home Support or Continuing Care certification
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong assessment skills
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements