Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4944 - CAS - PH
|Program or Dept.
||The ET/Wound Consultant is responsible for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are seen by or assigned to his/her care. ET/Wound Consultants provide care for skin integrity client issues related to wound management, skin ulceration, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
- Certificate of competence as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Certificate in Enterostomal Therapy and/or wound management from an accredited program
- Minimum of one year clinical practice
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve independently, to function as an independent practitioner and to work collaboratively as a member of the healthcare team
- Demonstrates skills in teacher/resource roles and consultative working roles
- Knowledge of community resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
- Possession of own vehicle, a current driver’s license and proof of car insurance
- Current Criminal Background Check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
||Perth County (Stratford & area)