Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Gentle Exercise Facilitator
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Allied Health (Therapies)
||SMART Gentle Exercise Facilitators will lead classes and provide one on one in-home support to older adults in Guelph and Wellington. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with host organizations to ensure the delivery of responsive and adaptive programming to meet the needs of program participants. Training will be provided.
||Successful candidates will lead SMART gentle exercise classes and provide one one in-home support to older adults. Will work collaboratively with VON team, SMART Coordinator and Kinesiologist.
- PSW or PTA education preferred
- Current VON SMART or CCAA Certification is an asset
- Experience working with older adults, adults with disabilities and in an assisted living or Retirement Home environment
- Experience teaching fitness classes to older adults
- Experience promoting health and well being through physical activity
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively while being accountable to the SMART team
- Excellent time management and oral/written communication skills
- Current criminal background check will be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
|Other Relevant Information
||Travel throughout Guelph and/or Wellington County required on an ongoing basis.
||Guelph and Wellington County