Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada. Come work with us - its a job that matters!
||6269 - MB - TFT
||Registered Nurse - School Nursing
|Hours Per Week
The RN will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Manitoba and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON’s responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
The RN attends school with the student who requires monitoring and some care during the school day. The position is located in Oakbank, MB.
We are seeking one (1) RN who wants to work up to 37.5 hours or (2) RN's who would be open to job sharing this role.
- Develop and maintain an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP)
- Works with the child and immediate family members, doctors, social workers, health care professionals, schools, and daycares to ensure that everyone who interacts with the student knows how to respond appropriately in the event of urgent or emergent need
- Participates as full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Provide clinical leadership within district
- Provide paediatric nursing in a school setting
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the province of Manitoba
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Must have trach and mic-key feeding experience and be comfortable with non verbal clients
- Pediatric experience with ventilators, tube feedings, chest physio is an asset or willingness to learn
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current criminal record check will be required
|Other Relevant Information
||This position will work within the hours of the school and student's schedule. The hours are full-time and the contract is renewable.
||Winnipeg District (Oakbank)