Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||5390 - Lu ME - RPT
||Community Support Services
The successful candidate will provide general office and administrative support to the Community Support Services department for our Adult Day and Senior Supports programs.
This position is based at our VON office in Lucan, Ontario and is expected to be 5 days per week, 6 hours per day.
||Responsible to promote a positive image of VON while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Secondary school diploma required; post secondary education preferred
- Office Administration - Medical diploma an asset
- Must have a minimum of two years office experience
- Strong applied knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, Windows, Outlook, Excel is required
- Proficiency in Procura scheduling program
- Knowledge of Community Support Services programs, an asset
- Able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to accept direction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates professional manner and can work cooperatively with colleagues, clients, families, and other community agencies as required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
· Career advancement opportunities
· Training and skills development
· Flexible hours
· Competitive compensation
· Group benefit coverage
· Pension plan
· Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
· Employee assistance program
· Employee recognition programs