Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
|Program or Dept.
||Adult Day Program
||This position assists with implementing a planned program of activities for clients attending the Day Program in collaboration with the Program Manager, Recreation Therapist, and RN. Care is provided within the framework of Quality Management.
- Contribute to the development of the care plan for each client of the Adult Day program
- Implement social and recreational programs as planned by the program coordinator
- Collaborates with the Recreational Therapist in planning and implementing activities
- Assist clients with ADL as required
- Collaborate with the Coordinator and/or Volunteers to identify risk factors and introduce interventions to minimize and eliminate client incidents
- Ensure safety and security measures for the client, volunteers and staff
- Utilize volunteers’ talents and expertise within the program
- Maintain appropriate records/documentation and clients progress notes
- Personal Support Worker certificate
- Certification in Gerontology
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches education
- Experience in working with adults, especially individuals with Alzheimer disease and other cognitive impairments and/or physical disabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- First Aid and CPR certificates
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of community resources
- Driver’s permit and availability of a vehicle
|Other Relevant Information