Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Manager, Care and Service, Home Support Services
||Reporting to the District Executive Director, the Manager, Care & Service, works as part of a team to facilitate frontline care with other Managers and Coordinators. This position will provide managerial support to the Home Support Services program. Relationship building with funders and Continuing Care Assistants is essential.
- Provide direction, management, and support for the cost effective development, implementation and administration of home support services within a quality/risk management framework.
- Understand and promote the importance of values, ethics, and vision by guiding individuals and groups towards developing, sharing, and contributing to the organization’s goals.
- Spend a portion of time in the field providing support and direction to front line staff (Continuing Care Assistants).
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Degree in Registered Nursing (BScN) preferred, Registered Nurse (RN) Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant management experience in homecare sector preferred.
- Experience in fostering strong external relationships, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and working with a broad sector of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the quality management approach, and committed to customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Valid drivers license, proof of liability insurance, and own vehicle required.
||Nova Scotia [NS]