Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5141 - CAS - EDM
||Licensed Practical Nurse - Flu & Wellness
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Flu & Wellness
||VON Edmonton requires LPNs in casual positions to participate in flu and wellness clinics around the City throughout the Fall and early Winter.
- Informing clients about the flu shot
- Administering flu shots
- Monitoring for adverse reactions
- Representing VON professionally
- Current registration as an LPN in Alberta
- Immunization certification is required
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Previous experience delivering vaccines, an asset;
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Current Criminal Background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements