Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||4405 - ME - RFT
||Manager, Fund Development
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||VON South Southwest is looking for a dynamic, strategic and visionary Manager, Fund Development with a proven track record to manage all fundraising activities in London, Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford, supporting VON’s charitable programs. Building on past and current successes, the Manager, Fund Development will lead the organization and implementation of an annual giving program with a specific emphasis on major gifts and planned giving programs.
Travel will be required for this role throughout London, Middlesex-Elgin and Oxford County.
- Develop and execute a diversified annual fundraising program, with an emphasis on major gifts and planned giving
- Review, evaluate and enhance all programs ensuring efficient and effective stewardship of VON donor’s gifts
- Conduct annual statistical analysis for all fund development activities in the annual strategic plan and continually monitor their return on investment
- Manage a specific caseload of major and planned gift donors
- Develop positive stewardship strategies to engage VON donors
- Manage and mentor staff team including Event and Administrative Coordinators
- Participate as an active member of the site management team
- Liaise with VON Canada Fund Development staff and work in partnership on various projects
- Work in concert with the Engagement Lead to prepare annual Community Board budgets and monitor monthly financial statements
- Lead Community Board and staff in the development and monitoring of annual fund development plans
- Work with District Executive Director and Engagement Lead to provide staff leadership to the Community Board and appropriate standing committee
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward both major and annual corporate, individual, foundation, association and government prospects and donors
- Conduct prospect research, proposal and grant writing
- Coordination of various donor-related communication vehicles
- Bachelor's degree or post-secondary diploma in related field; CFRE designation strongly preferred
- A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in fundraising with demonstrated managerial responsibilities, budget planning and analysis
- Proven experience with all aspects of fundraising practices, including contemporary fundraising strategies related to major gifts, corporate partnerships, gift planning, annual fundraising, and foundation grants
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working within the voluntary, non-profit sector
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic activities in order to meet organizational goals
- Proven ability to build relationships and to engage multiple levels of stakeholders in support of the goals and mandate of the organization
- Ability to interact effectively with senior level business and community leaders, including volunteer leadership and hospital management, from a strategic perspective
- Professional manner with strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems
- Strong creative capabilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pasted environment
- Literate in computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser's Edge, and Adobe
- Demonstrated ability to understand database management and how to mine data for fundraising programs
- Leadership and motivation skills, including professional development and the ability to identify individual and team goals as well as to achieve and exceed those goals
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the site/region
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends (as required)
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs