Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse - School Nursing
As either an RN or LPN, you will attends school with a student who requires monitoring and some care during the school day. The position is located in Brandon, MB.
- Develop and maintain an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP)
- Work with the child and immediate family members, doctors, social workers, health care professionals, schools, and daycares to ensure that everyone who interacts with the student knows how to respond appropriately in the event of urgent or emergent needs
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the province of Manitoba
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Pediatric experience with ventilators, tube feedings, chest physio is an asset or willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle