Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Client Care Coordinator
||The Client Care Coordinator (CCC) works as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records. This role serves as the service and information liaison between funders, clients and the care team in the community. The CCC is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests. The CCC receives and processes referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from the community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies. Responsible for standardized data input and triaging of calls and information as appropriate, and the ongoing coordination of client service and service provider schedules and updates.
||This position will be responsible to:
- Work as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records
- Liaise with funders, clients and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests
- Receive and process referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies
- Coordinate all standardized data input, triaging of calls and information and the ongoing coordination of client service and service provider schedules and updates
- Work closely with frontline nurses, supporting their day to day needs
- Other duties/task as assigned by Manager
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Diploma or certification in Medical Office Administration
- 2 to 3 years experience in a medical office environment and/or community health care organization
- Previous experience working in health care sector and/or planning and scheduling would be considered assets
- Previous experience working within a health care sector portal environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving & critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism an asset
- Current criminal background check
|Other Relevant Information
This position is primarily for evenings and weekends. Evening shifts are 4pm to 10pm, with various weekend shifts