||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||VON Calgary requires LPNs in part-time and casual positions to participate in the Vitality Custom Care program. Licensed Practical Nurses are responsible for provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals in the community. You will also delegate tasks to different levels of healthcare workers, participating as a full member of the healthcare team.
- Current registration as an LPN in Alberta
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Experience working with patients
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Current Criminal Background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements