Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4049 - ME - RFT/TFT
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
The Coordinator, Familyhome is responsible for supporting and developing an individual life plan for clients in receipt of the Familyhome Program. The Familyhome program is funded by Ministry of Community and Social Services and is a 24 hour residential program for adults with developmental disabilities and complex needs.
The Coordinator, Familyhome determines and assesses the needs of individuals requiring support and is responsible for facilitating a successful plan that will connect clients to an alternative residential opportunity. They are responsible for providing a high quality service that is respectful of the program criteria as outlined by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and is consistent with the values of the organization.
This posting is for two positions:
- 1 Full-Time, Permanent
- 1 Full-Time, Temporary (with an anticipated end date of November 15, 2013)
* Please note that this position has an on-call requirement in order to respond to client emergencies.
- Develop ongoing individual life plans utilizing all community resources
- Provide support to clients in all areas of their life with full respect to their needs
- Function as a primary support contact between clients, natural family, Familyhome Providers, health professionals and other community supports
- Participate in the screening process of all service providers
- Orientate all Familyhome Providers, Respite Providers and Support Workers regarding their role in meeting client need and the Familyhome Program
- Responsible for maintaining client specific budgets and ensuring financial accountability
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Social Services
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working with individuals with disabilities is required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in case management and coordination of services for people with developmental disabilities is preferred
- Strong knowledge of social and health care service networks and community resources is essential
- Experience in and ability to manage complex individualized budgets
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner in a variety of contexts
- Must have good critical thinking, assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Strong computer skills are required (including the Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet client and family needs, as well as to work evenings and/or weekends where required
- Must be available to support the on-call requirement on a 24-hour basis (minimally needed) in order to support client emergency situations
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||We offer an independent work environment with 24/7 support, ongoing education, in-service, peer support, and a competitive compensation package that may include benefits, pension plan, travel time, and mileage allowance.