Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
|Hours Per Week
The Activation Programmer is responsible for collaborating and working in conjunction with other Adult Day Program team members to enhance the ADP therapeutic recreational programs.
Planning, implementing and evaluating therapeutic recreational programs provided to clients.
- Degree/diploma or Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation, Activation Techniques in Gerontology, or another related field
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with frail and/or cognitively impaired clients and caregivers
- Working knowledge of PIECES and Montessori based programs
- Experience with documentation practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work as a team member