Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Practical Nurse
||Provide nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying the nursing process within the framework of Quality (QM) and VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures, College of Nursing and VON Canada standards and applicable legislation. Contribute to the fulfilment of the VON’s mission statement to develop and/or promote programs to meet community needs.
- Demonstrate ability to assess client needs accurately; plan and implement appropriate nursing care and evaluate outcomes.
- Provide excellent nursing care to individuals and families in the home by adherence to the College of Nursing Guidelines and VON policies and procedures and Quality Management (QM) principles.
- Assist the VON health care team to provide continuity of client care and meet Time Per Visit benchmarks.
- Act as an ambassador for VON within the community.
- Current CNO registration is mandatory.
- Excellent client assessment and teaching skills.
- Proven ability to provide goal oriented care using the nursing process and applicable standards of clinical practice.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary health team approach to service delivery.
- A valid driver’s permit and availability of a vehicle
|Other Relevant Information