Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5187 - SIM - OPT
||Personal Support Worker
||The PSW provides personal care and respite support to clients with Alzheimer Disease or related Dementia and their Caregivers, to maintain the clients ability to live in the community. Opportunity to engage clients in social, recreational activities including activities of daily living (excluding bathing) within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
You will provide support to clients in their home by engaging them in activities, both social and recreational, and activities of daily living(excluding bathing), according to the care plan.
The Personal Support Worker also provides respite to the caregiver/family so that they can continue caregiving to maintain the client in their home.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate mandatory; PSW registry
- Knowledge and experience working with clients with Dementia, including Alzheimer Disease
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training or Montessori-based programming an assest
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Valid driver’s license, insurance & use of a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Current Criminal Background Check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
|Other Relevant Information
||Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends/evenings.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs