Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Personal Support Worker
||The successful candidate will work with members of the Health Care and Personal Support teams to meet the needs of clients in obtaining an optimal level of independence and well-being.
||The successful candidates will be responsible for providing companionship, personal care and health maintenance services to clients in their home, within the framework of VON's philosophy, policies, standards and legislation.
- Certified Personal Support Worker
- Experience in personal care and/or household management preferred
- Experience working with the following clients groups is an asset: seniors, paediatrics, mental health, cognitive impairment, obstetrics, palliative/oncology, ill individuals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good observation skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environment
Must have access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance
|Other Relevant Information
The selected candidate will provide personal support services to individuals and families in the Supports for Daily Living buildings as part of the Community Support Services program.