Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4614 - C/R
||Registered Practical Nurse - Foot Care
|Program or Dept.
||Registered Practical Nurses are responsible for provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals in the community. You will also delegate tasks to different levels of healthcare workers, participating as a full member of the healthcare team.
||The succesful candidate will become a nurse for the VON Niagara site, specializing in Footcare. He/She will provide assessment, care and advice for clients, including the elderly, who have particular problems looking after their feet. The Foot Care Nurse must be willing and able to drive throughout the Region of Niagara for clinics and in-home visits.
- Current registration as an RPN in the province of Ontario
- Advanced Foot Care Certification
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with patients
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Current Criminal Background check will be requested
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
||Greater Niagara Location