Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||3821 - ME - RFT
||Manager, Care & Service - Home Support
|Program or Dept.
||Home Support Services
||Reporting to the District Executive Director, the Manager, Care & Service, works as part of a team to facilitate frontline care with other Managers and Client Care Coordinators. This position will provide managerial support to the Home Support Services program. Relationship building with funders and Personal Support Workers or Developmental Support Workers is essential. The Manager, Care & Service collaborates with Nursing Managers and the Manager, Administration on necessary issues that require direction.
- Provides direction, management, and support for the cost effective development, implementation and administration of home support services within a quality/risk management framework
- Understands and promotes the importance of values, ethics, and vision by guiding individuals and groups towards developing, sharing, and contributing to the organization’s goals
- Will spend a portion of time in the field providing support and direction to our front line staff
- Will be required to participate in the on-call rotation
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Current registration with CNO
- Minimum 2 years of relevant [project and people] management experience
- Experience in community health and clinical mentoring
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and working with staff/volunteers
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Familiarity with the quality management approach and providing a commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, community nursing, team building, communication and education
- Understands and uses effective communication methods/tools
- Ability to accept and facilitate substantial change
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- "LEAN" knowledge an asset
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs