Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5281 - PH - CAS
||The provision of safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management.
- provide high quality, appropriate and cost-effective nursing care to all individuals assigned to their care
- responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- flexibility to work day shifts, evening On-Call and weekends
- BScN or BA in nursing
- Current registration as an RN in the province of Ontario
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-mental status, depression, pain, etc.)
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Individual must be eligible and successfully obtain a security screening certificate from the Government of Canada
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements