Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||Home Care Manager
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Home Care - Visiting Nursing
||District Executive Director
The Home Care Manager is responsible for working with other managers and the District Executive Director to establish appropriate action plans to ensure the Visiting nursing program operation’s objectives, including contractual and financial targets, are met.
The successful candidate will provide professional support and practice leadership to the self-directed work teams providing care and service to the clients of the organization. The manager is responsible for the effective delivery of nursing services and programs within a quality and risk management framework. The position is accountable for the reporting and achievement of program and service Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) executing site level operational plans, ensuring adherence to policies and practices. Working with respective work teams, the incumbent is the management liaison to the respective customer stakeholders (CCAC) and is responsible for ensuring effective customer service by reinforcing best practices, and the provision of exceptional client centered service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or Nursing education equivalent)
- Clinical experience in nursing; community experience an asset.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership position.
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and mentoring and working with staff and volunteers
- Experience with practicing leadership, budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program management
- Competent with information and communication technology and practices
- Familiarity with quality management approach and committed to customer service
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, community care, team building, communication and education
- Ability to accept and facilitate change
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-functioning, productive team
||Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant District
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs