Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||Care & Service Administration Manager
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||The Care & Service Administration Manager is responsible for working with other managers and the District Executive Director to establish appropriate action plans to ensure the Visiting nursing program operation’s objectives, including contractual and financial targets, are met.
- Ensures the provision of quality client care in the sites and in support of service contracts with funders and customers;
- Works with the Client Services Managers and Director to ensure the establishment and implementation of scheduling to coordinate smooth visiting schedules in accordance with contract requirements;
- Ensures that program financial controls and targets are met, reporting is accurate and action plans are actively in place to meet site contractual and financial targets for the delivery of safe client care and service;
- Receives and documents all employee complaints/issues related to planning and scheduling. May involve other Visiting Nursing managers in resolving the issue/complaint and escalates, if required, to appropriate Director;
- In partnership with the Visiting Nursing Managers, determines optimal allocation of staff per shift, monitoring and receiving reports at beginning and end of shifts and serves as administrative authority for smooth function of staff on assigned shifts;
- Frequent proactive and constructive liaison with the Client Services department regarding planning and scheduling;
- Regularly liaises/communicates in a proactive and constructive manner with various teams;
- Provides guidance and support for work flow management;
- Ensures that chart audits and reports are compliant with relevant standards;
- Supervises program admin/support staff;
- May supervise front line service delivery staff;
- Completes reports for external customers (CCAC, United Way, etc.) and performs associated analysis for Team and/or District Director. Passes to External Relations Manager for submission;
- Participates in on call rotation;
- Communicates regularly throughout the week with the district Home Care management team;
- Participates as an active member of Site and/or Departmental and/or other committees including, but not limited to:
- Quality Care and Service
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Various External/ Community committees
- District point person for Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Control, disaster and emergency planning.
||•Bachelor degree in Nursing •2 years experience in healthcare management and business experience an asset •Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and working with staff and volunteers •Experience with practicing leadership, budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program management •Competent with information and communication technology and practices •Familiarity with quality management approach and committed to customer service •Demonstrated skill in leadership, community care, team building, communication and education •Ability to accept and facilitate change •Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects •Current criminal background check will be requested Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs