Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the SMILE program in the Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward site.
The Team Assistant is part of the Client Services Team sharing duties at Reception and being responsible for general office administrative duties, including but not limited to;
- Supporting the Client Care Coordinator Team with documentation for referrals, CHAs and discharges
- Communications with clients, caregivers and service providers
- Ensuring completion of various types of letters
- Completing Service Navigation
- CRM data entry, data collection
- Attend meetings
The ideal candidate must be immediately functional and possess the following:
- Secondary school diploma required; post secondary education in Business preferred
- Must have a minimum of one year of office administration experience; preferably in a health care environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Access, Outlook, fax, multi-line phone
- Excellence in customer service with strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive attitude, self-directed, excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Willing to work in a changing environment at a fast pace
- Project a positive and knowledgeable image of the VON to the community
- Previous experience working in a community based health care environment an asset
- Experience in working with frail elderly seniors and their care givers an asset