Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||4247 - PT
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Community Support Services
The successful candidate will provide clients in the CSS sector with comprehensive assessments ensuring a high-quality client experience. This will be accomplished through the completion of client assessments, creation of care plans, and referrals to local programs/services while respecting the clients' right to participate in all decisions regarding their personal care.
Please note: This is a 6-month contract position ending approximately on September 6, 2013.
- Maintain a level of proficiency in assessment and client outcome tools
- Access and review existing assessments electronically
- Conduct client assessments/reassessments and environmental risk assessments within the client's home
- Actively engage the client, their caregiver(s), support network and other care providers in the assessment interview process
- Co-create with the client an individualized care plan which aligns with the client's strengths and abilities, using the information gathered during the assessment interview to establish client goals
- Facilitate service referrals to other health service providers to address client needs
- Maintain detailed knowledge of community resources within the supported geographic region
- Communicate and network with regional partners while building strong relationships within the community
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by Manager
- University Degree or College Diploma in Health or Social Services field
- Coordinator-level experience in a home and community care organization or social services program
- Demonstrated experience in the completion of client-driven, wholistic assessments using conversation-based interview skills
- Professional experience working with geriatric clients and/or adults living with a disability
- Current knowledge of community resources, including services and programs
- Proven experience building external and community relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency is mandatory, including Windows OS and Microsoft Office
- Experience with the RAI suite of assessment tools is an asset
- Driver's license with clear driving abstract, including regular access to a vehicle with liability insurance
- Clear criminal background check will be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements