Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||Manager, Care & Service, Nursing and Adult Day Programs
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Nursing and Adult Day Programs
As Manager, Care & Service Manager, Nursing and Adult Day Programs, you will report to the Provincial Executive Director and responsible for working with other managers to establish appropriate action plans to ensure that community health program operation's objectives, including contractual and financial targets, are met. As Manager, Care and Service, you will provide professional supervisory and practice leadership to frontline staff of various programs within Calgary and Alberta South. You will be responsible for the effective delivery of community health services and programs within a quality and risk management framework. The position is accountable for the reporting and achievement of program and service Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) executing site level operational plans, ensuring adherence to policies and practices.
This position is based in Calgary with responsibilities to manage Medicine Hat as well.
- Supervise and performance management of frontline service providers and site operational staff.
- Direct and monitor delivery of client care services and day to day functions of frontline staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manage schedules for frontline staff.
- Deliver education and orientation.
- Facilitate staff development and growth through competency assessments, performance development plans (PDPs), individualized learning plans, referral to practice educators, and on-going mentorship.
- Receive and document all employee, family, and client complaints/issues related to front line service delivery.
- Assist staff in completing risk assessments, investigations of issues, incidents, or injuries.
- Manage monthly budget with action plan development to meet budgeted targets.
- Monitor and report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in accordance with business plan.
- Liaises/communicate proactively and constructively with funders and community partners.
- May participate on any local, regional, or national team or committees as requested. Examples include, Quality Care and Service, Joint Occupational Health and Safety, Accreditation, etc
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent Clinical and Community Health expertise preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership position.
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, and mentoring and working with staff and volunteers.
- Experience with practicing leadership, budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program management.
- Experience in project management, change management, transformation management.
- Competent with information and communication technology and practices.
- Familiarity with quality management approach and committed to customer service.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, community care, team building, communication and education.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs