Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||5130 - WE - CAS
||Personal Support Worker
|Hours Per Week
||Supports for Daily Living
Under the clinical supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Personal Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families within our Support for Daily Living (SDL) program, within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
Collaboration with other health care team members is expected where and when appropriate. At all times, follows an established plan of care and delegation of procedures that meets the needs of the individual and family. Must be able to work in a flexible care program and meet the On Call expectations required for this program.
The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule (Days, Nights, Weekends) and must be willing to work 24-hour on-call [with pager] shifts (must be at less than 30 minutes from the site).
- Personal Support Worker certification is required
- Registration with the PSW Registry Ontario will be required: http://pswregistry.org/Pages/en/Default.aspx
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Palliative Care experience an asset
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience with scheduling
- Household management experience an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Awareness of community resources
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Fluent in English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills required
- Ability to perform Home Help assessments in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs