Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3738 - CK - RPT
||Coordinator, Kids' Circle
|Hours Per Week
||Community Support Services
||The successful candidate will be a creative, compassionate individual who will coordinate and support the Kids' Circle Program. The Kids' Circle program provides one-on-one illness and bereavement support to children and teens (ages 4-18) and is held primarily in the school setting.
The Coordinator will carry out the day-to-day program operations in accordance with VON standards, and is responsible for assessing clients for, and/or monitoring, service delivery. They are also responsible for contributing to the development, evaluation and promotion of the Kids' Circle Program.
The successful candidate will supervise and train the Kids' Circle volunteers.
- Post-secondary education in Health/Social Science discipline (or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education); for example, Social Service Worker
- Bereavement Support certification/training/education
- Suicide Intervention training is an asset
- Palliative Care training is an asset
- Experience in providing bereavement support and the facilitation of support groups
- Experience in program planning and evaluation
- Experience in volunteer management and administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources
- Excellent record keeping and statistical compilations skills
- Community development and public speaking an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs