Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3978 - ME - CONTR
||Speech and Language Pathologist - Contracted
||Per Visit Rate
The Speech and Language Therapist works closely with adults who have various levels of speech, language and communication challenges. The Therapist assesses the clients' needs before developing individual treatment programs to enable each client to improve as much as possible.
The Speech and Language Therapist works as part of a multidisciplinary team, alongside other health professionals such as doctors, nurses, psychologists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists. The Therapist will liaise with professionals in education and the social services.
This is a contractor position and will invoice for services rendered based upon a per visit rate. Mileage is paid by contractor.
- Managing a caseload of adults who have various levels of speech, language and communication challenges
- Assessing and treating swallowing and communication difficulties arising from a variety of causes, e.g. congenital problems (such as cleft palate) or acquired disorders after a stroke or injury
- Devising, implementing and revising relevant treatment programs
- Advising caregivers on implementing treatment programs and training other professionals in therapy delivery
- Assessing communication environments
- Monitoring and evaluating clients' progress
- Working with clients on a one-to-one basis or group environment to deliver therapy
- Writing and maintaining confidential client case notes and reports, as well as information for clients, caregivers and other professionals
- Managing a caseload taking account of priority cases, waiting lists, successful outcomes, referral and discharge of service users
- Working with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Speech-Language pathology
- Registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Certification with the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) is preferred
- Strong computer skills are required (including but not limited to Microsoft Office), as is the knowledge of computer software relating to speech-language skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an equivalent role
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
||London & Middlesex