Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Nurse Practitioner - VON 360 Degree NPLC
||VON 360 Degree NPLC
The VON 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is located in the downtown core of Peterborough and provides primary health care services to the unattached clients in Peterborough and Peterborough County. As a member of the inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive primary care services to our clients (individuals, families, and the community) with a strong emphasis on health promotion, education, and disease prevention. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work both independently and collaboratively to your full scope of practice within an environment known for being both innovative and flexible.
- Provision of comprehensive primary care services to individuals, families, and the community throughout the lifespan
- Work within the scope-of practice as delineated by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Work in partnership with community agencies to develop programs to meet the needs of our client population
- Participate in ongoing professional development, interdisciplinary case conferences, and the mentoring of new health professionals
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduation from the COUPN Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing, Masters in Nursing preferred
- Current membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (required), Nurse Practitioner’s Association of Ontario membership considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Previous experience working on an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) an asset
- Experience with program planning and / or group facilitation considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner within a primary care setting
- Current BCLS certification
- Current clear criminal background check including vulnerable sector check
- Current Ontario Driver’s license
||Peterborough Victoria Haliburton Location
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- Work Perks employee discounts