Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||The Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care service organization, offering high-quality, innovative healthcare services and supports since 1897. We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of your community - it’s a job that matters!
||Nurse Manager - Regular Full Time
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
Reporting to the District Executive Director; the Nurse Manager works independently and as part of a collaborative team to result in safe, efficient, effective and coordinated delivery of mainly home-based client support services and programs within a quality and risk management framework. Using a case-management approach, the Nurse Manager spends much of the time in the field providing direction, supervision and support to staff, clients, students, and volunteers. Relationship building with funders and front line staff is essential.
The position is accountable for executing site level operational plans, goals and objectives and in ensuring adherence to organizational policies and practices. Understands and promotes the importance of values, ethics and vision by guiding individuals and groups towards developing, sharing and contributing to the organization’s goals. Ensures program financial controls and targets are met, reporting is accurate and action plans are actively in place to meet site contractual and financial targets for the delivery of safe client care and service. Participation in a on-call rotation will be required.
- Post-secondary degree in Nursing and current or eligibility for registration with CRNNS
- Minimum 2 years of relevant management experience, preferably in an unionized environment
- Experience in community health preferred, experience in mentoring clinical staff an asset
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, human resource management and working with staff/students/volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in use of computerized staff and client care scheduling in addition to an ability to work within a suite of software programs and computer applications
- Experience in developing, monitoring and managing operating budgets an asset
- Familiarity with the quality management and improvement approaches, and committed to optimal client service delivery
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building, communication and education
- Must have a valid NS drivers license and a reliable vehicle
||Annapolis Valley Site
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
Employee assistance program