Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Practical Nurse, Flu Program 2012
||The successful candidate is responsible for providing immunizations to clients at flu clinics during the 2012 Flu Program.
||The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting assessments within the clinic setting
- Administering vaccines
- Providing strategy and intervention to manage anaphylaxis in emergency situations
- Providing clear documentation
- Demonstrating client care practices and techniques
- Showing up to clinics on time
- Drive to a central location to pick up supplies before clinics, as well as drop off supplies after the completion of clinics
- Registered with the College of Nurses Ontario
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience within a community care setting is preferred
- Comfortable with immunization injections
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong clinical/nursing skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Strong organization skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Valid drivers license, proof of liability insurance, and own vehicle required