Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
|Program or Dept.
||Community Support Services
||The incumbent works in collaboration with the Care and Service Managers of both Community Support Services and Home Care Services to facilitate cost-effective management of operations within the framework of Quality Management. Performs duties of an administrative nature for the Care and Service Managers, facilitating communication within the site to our staff, customers, external partners and clients.
- Develops and maintains awareness of key issues with which the Care and Service Managers are currently involved. Is cognizant of ramifications and implications to department and Site.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator Volunteer Visiting and the Coordinator SMART supports the programs through telephone calls to volunteers, potential volunteers and clients as needed.
- In collaboration with the Program Managers, develops and maintains a system to collect and record the required statistics for reporting purposes to VON Canada, CE LHIN and the Ministry of Health.
- Confirms time sheets and calculates program allocations prior to Managers approval.
- Prepares petty cash, purchase order forms and cheque requisition forms for signature of the Care and Service Managers.
- Assume responsibility for daily activities of the office. Directs all inquiries to appropriate party for resolution.
- Supports the WIN and SELECT program needs in a variety of capacities. (data input, intake, nursing communication and follow up, etc.
- Assists the Flu Coordinator at the site level, verifying contracts, nursing staff availability, supplies and other duties as assigned.
- Other related duties as delegated by the Care and Service Managers.
- Interacts effectively with internal and external customers and advocates VON policies which will improve delivery of service.
- Understands concepts of a quality management philosophy and demonstrates application of this philosophy in day-to-day actions.
- Communicates in a timely and positive manner with immediate manager regarding job content and own performance
The successful candidate will hold the following qualifications;
Community College Diploma in Medical Secretarial Arts, Administrative Secretarial Arts or equivalent experience gained through prior experience in an administrative role
Experience in community health care an asset
Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and effectively manage stresses of a busy office environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results
- Advanced computer skills a requirement. Knowledge and advanced competency in all programs in Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Demonstrated independent decision-making, positive problem-solving skills
||Peterborough Victoria Haliburton Location