Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
An opportunity currently exists for an Administrative Assistant to support the site with a high degree of accuracy. The Administrative Assistant is required to carry out various administrative tasks including general office support, secretarial and reception duties, supply and equipment management, document management, and assisting managers as necessary.
||Responsible to promote a positive image of VON while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Post-secondary education in office administration
- Experience using databases
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment and to adapt to a changing work environment
- Strong organizational/administrative skills
- Knowledgeable of the principles surrounding confidentiality and security of information
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
||Annapolis Valley District
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs