Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||5128 - NAT - RFT
||Chief Financial Officer & VP Business Optimization
||As CFO & Vice President Business Optimization, you will work closely with the President & CEO, the senior team and staff to drive value and position VON for long term success. While your role will encompass all things financial, including financial reporting, cash management, accounts receivable, budgeting, forecasting and procurement, your prime focus will be to support the CEO and Senior Team with strategic leadership to create improved business performance. You will be a collaborative business partner to VON operations helping to drive service excellence and competitiveness and ensure the organization efficiently and effectively delivers on its financial objectives and its overarching mandate of quality care. With an eye to the future and an understanding of health care’s dynamic economic and political environment, and its associated risks, opportunities, and trends, you will ensure VON remains responsive, innovative, nimble and able to excel in an increasingly competitive market for home and community care.
||As the ideal candidate, you are a respected and highly credible financial and business executive with a systems view and a record of building high performing teams. You are considered by peers and staff to be both strategic and pragmatic with sound judgment, a bias to action, and an appreciation for the role sound financial management can play in transforming and improving a business. Your extensive experience in a large, complex organization prepares you well to manage the finances of a distributed, multi-site, $350 million, pan-Canadian organization. As a skilled communicator, leader and coach, you foster cultures that value accountability, responsiveness, transparency and performance excellence. You embrace challenge and change with passion, energy and enthusiasm and are known to bring clarity to highly intricate and ambiguous environments.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA).
- A successful track record as a CFO, ideally 15 years of private sector experience within a complex, multi-layered, geographically dispersed, service organization.
- Demonstrated success managing change and complexity, including designing,implementing and maintaining advanced processes and systems across all functions.
- Experience working effectively with Audit Committee’s and Boards of Directors.
- Passionate about the role a progressive financial leader plays in facilitating growth, and the development of a strong, efficient operating platform. Bring a sense of urgency to every day operations while delegating effectively and holding people accountable.
- Highly effective team builder and leader who inspires individuals and geographically dispersed teams to perform at optimal levels and embrace change in a demanding environment. Possesses a track record of building high performing teams and motivating them to achieve outstanding results.
- Collaborative and respectful leader, resulting in “relate-ability” to all levels in an organization (front line rural staff through to senior executives).
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable and effective working both at a strategic and tactical level, and can roll up his/her sleeves and remain close to the operations. A self-starter, who thinks out of the box with a creative and inquiring mind; exhibits strong project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Earned reputation for uncompromising ethics and impeccable integrity.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs